Avoid Scary Tooth Decay This Halloween
October 29th, 2014 by Bash Dental
Don’t let Halloween Candy be a Nightmare!
If your kids are like most, they’re going to come home from trick-or-treating with lots and lots of candy. And who doesn’t love Halloween candy? But we all know that the sugary candies at Halloween bring tooth decay in their wake. By following these simple steps, your family can have all the fun of Halloween without harming kids’ teeth in the process!
- Teach your kids the importance of moderation with sweets. They don’t need to gorge themselves on Halloween candy all night.
- Make sure your children are brushing their teeth at least twice a day.
- Remember to give your children fluoridated mouthwash every evening.
- Having extra dental flossers around the house is a great way to help kids remember to floss.
- Remember that sticky, chewy candies can cause the most tooth decay! Limit candies like jelly beans, taffy, candy corn and caramels.
- When it comes to gum: choose sugar free! Not only do sugar-free chewing gums neutralize the effects of sugary candy – they help combat cavity-causing plaque!
By teaching your children good oral hygiene, Halloween can be a fun and worry-free holiday! Moderation and good oral hygiene practices are key in helping your kids have a fun and healthy Halloween.
Thank you for your help and support! Have a happy Halloween!
Comments are closed.